Thursday, March 27, 2008

Molly the Dolly





















While flipping through the channels last week, I happened to stop on the Martha Stewart show. They were making dolls and I felt an irresistible desire to make a doll of my own. My sewing machine is currently in Utah so I had to make the doll by hand. Needless to say, this took a great deal of time, but I gained a new appreciation for people who once made all of their clothes without machines. Work, work, work. Honestly though, I love makings things and I'm already feeling the itch to make something else.


5 comments:

David said...

I've noticed that our 'official' posts are from "David and Julia." Usually it doesn't matter which one of us is actually writing, but in case you're confused I wanted to make sure you know it was Julia, not David, who made the cute doll!

Kristen Crockett said...

Oh come on, Vid, embrace your creative side. Not all crafting has to be the War variety. ahem. Julia, don't let Granny Wilcox know or you'll get a box of monkey material shipped to you overnight.

Nicole said...

Darn it, David beat me to the punch before I could tease him for making a doll :). I love Molly! She's so cute. If you're feeling like making something else, you can feel free to make me a doll anytime!

MisskiM said...

Jules!!!! hello hello my love! this is kimmy by the way :) it has been wayyyy too long! how in the world are you? you still look beautiful as always. :) I'm still at BYU- getting my mba here- almost done with my first year! phew! I miss you! let me know how you're doing!!!!

Anonymous said...

Molly is very cute - what do you want to make next? Mom