Julia and I have lived in D.C. for about a year and a half now, but still have yet to see lots of the big tourist attractions. Our most recent trip was to the Smithsonian Museum of Art. We felt like we needed to get some culture. There were lots of great works of art; I've posted two pictures to share. Bonus points for anybody who can post a comment and tell us who the painters are! I have to admit, though, it isn't my favorite museum here. My art appreciation is usually limited to 'pretty,' aesthetically pleasing pictures, usually landscapes. Perhaps because I know so little about painting myself it's harder to appreciate some of it. I think we spent about 2 minutes in the modern art section. Maybe we're not as cultured as we thought!
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Time for some culture
Julia and I have lived in D.C. for about a year and a half now, but still have yet to see lots of the big tourist attractions. Our most recent trip was to the Smithsonian Museum of Art. We felt like we needed to get some culture. There were lots of great works of art; I've posted two pictures to share. Bonus points for anybody who can post a comment and tell us who the painters are! I have to admit, though, it isn't my favorite museum here. My art appreciation is usually limited to 'pretty,' aesthetically pleasing pictures, usually landscapes. Perhaps because I know so little about painting myself it's harder to appreciate some of it. I think we spent about 2 minutes in the modern art section. Maybe we're not as cultured as we thought!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Is the first painting by Degas and the second by Monet?
DING DING DING!! Nikki is the winner! Expect your prize in the mail any day now. I hope you have somewhere to keep a dozen baby fish!
Yay! I will be anxiously watching for the mail truck :).
Post a Comment