Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tennessee




David and I are having a great time living out here in Maryland, but we find it hard to be so far
away from our families. Last week we decided to make a little visit down to Tennessee to see David's brother Jared and his family. It was about an 11 hr drive but we were able to spend three whole days with them. They took us to a historic plantation from the Civil War days and to a nature reserve where we had a lot of fun playing with the kiddies. They have four adorable children and we were able to help Jared and Emily out for a couple of nights by taking care of the kids and putting them to bed. I even got to experience changing a diaper, which I truthfully admit I had never done before. It was not, thankfully, as scary as it seemed (Although David and I are still uncertain whether or not we put the diaper on right!). I'm sure everyone is laughing, but I'm the youngest in my family and it just never came up! We had a wonderful time visiting with them, but we decided we will be happy to ease in to parenthood one baby at a time, not four at once! We've got picture of all the kids except Madeleine because she always came out as a blur, I guess that is what you get with a four year old!


2 comments:

Kristen Crockett said...

What? No visit to Opryland? Looks like Jared planned that itinerary.

Anonymous said...

You can come visit us anytime you like. It's only 11+ hours here too!!! I'm glad you guys had fun though.