Versaille is the location of one of France's most well-known palaces. It takes about an hour to get there from downtowm Paris, but was well worth the visit. Of all the palaces we saw in Europe, those in France were the most grand, colorful, and impressive (notice the gold gates!). Upon the grounds of the palace there were several smaller "palaces" one of which was the private home of Marie Antoinette.


This was a really funny fountain, you can't see it very clearly, but there are people with frog faces.

Marie Antoinette's house.

Looking back at the palace across the extensive grounds.

Enjoying a tasty treat from a french bakery.
2 comments:
Looks really pretty. I like the frog people :) .
Wow! Julia! You're a world traveler! I'm so sorry to hear that your stomach's been having issues. Though mine's not nearly as bad, it does hurt when I eat hard to digest without more bile foods (now that I'm gallbladderless). I hope they can figure out something for it soon so you feel better. Luv ya!
Post a Comment