Thursday, May 5, 2011

4 months old!


Our little baby is growing up so fast! Asher is doing great and we really enjoy seeing him develop and learn. He is laughing almost everyday and likes to be tickled. He is able to roll over from his tummy to his back, and likes to suck on his first two fingers. He has recently discovered his feet and likes to grab them. He always has a great big smile in the morning when you go to pick him up. Lately he hasn't been sleeping quite so well, sometimes waking up right after we put him down. This made for a few long nights. He has never really liked his pacifier, so that didn't help much at night. I decided to get him a new kind of pacifier and he has really taken to it. He is still waking up but if I give him the pacifier right away he will instantly go back to sleep, as opposed to having to nurse him back to sleep after only being down for a half hour.
His weight gain has slowed down even though he still eats very frequently. Current stats:
Height 24.25 in (46th %) Weight 14 lbs 15 oz (56th %) Head (70%).
The pediatrician asked me if big heads run in the family. My response: "Ummm...I never thought to ask."

1 comment:

Kristen Crockett said...

Big heads run in our family, but I blame it on Tyler. Poor Claire screams every morning when I get her dressed. Trying to pull some of her shirts over her big noggin borders on child abuse! Even the ones with snaps to make the opening bigger don't help! Super cute though, with that rabbit hat. I'll have to show Granny the next time she's over!